We know, the work week can be rough. Each day presents a new challenge. Just when you think you’ve gotten through the toughest part of the week, a new problem arises. Staying focused all week is hard and small setbacks can kill workplace engagement.
Sometimes, all you need is a little old-fashioned motivation to get you geared up and excited for the workday. Here are 20 quotes to help you go the extra mile this week!
Are you having “just another manic Monday?” The beginning of the work week comes fast. It seems like yesterday that it was Friday and you were excited for the weekend. Now, you’re rushing around getting ready for week, taking the kids to school, and trying to get things together for the rest of the week. Let these quotes cure your case of the Mondays.
- "You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction." – George Lorimer, American Journalist and Author
- "To be successful, the first thing to do is to fall in love with your work." – Sister Mary Lauretta
- "Mondays are the start of the work week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year!" – David Dweck, Entrepreneur and Motivational Speaker
- "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!" – Dr. Seuss, American Author
When Tuesday rolls around, it's really time to get down to work. Having trouble getting started? These expert quotes will help boost your productivity so you can power through that to-do list!
- "A year from now you may wish you had started today." – Karen Lamb, Author
- "If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done." – Bruce Lee, Chinese-American Actor and Martial Artist
- "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life. And the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work." – Steve Jobs, American Business Owner and Investor
- "Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass away." – Earl Nightingale, American Radio Speaker and Author
Hey! Guess what day it is. HUMP DAY! You’re half way through the week. Don’t let anything stop you from working hard to achieve your goals. Here’s an extra push to keep you on your toes.
- "Believe you can and you’re halfway there." – Theodore Roosevelt, 26th U.S. President
- "To be disciplined is to follow in a good way. To be self-disciplined is to follow in a better way." – Corita Kent, American Roman Catholic Religious Sister
- "Someday is not a day of the week." – Janet Dailey, American Author
- "Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there." – Will Rogers, American Cowboy and Actor
You’ve been working hard all week. It’s time to take a minute to reflect on everything you’ve accomplished. Open your mind and appreciate your achievements and those of others around you. Keep in mind that just because the week is coming to an end, it doesn’t mean you can slack off. Here are some quotes to help you reflect on the days past, but keep you focused for the week ahead.
- "If everything seems under control, you’re not going fast enough." – Mario Andretti, American-Italian Racing Driver
- "Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t ‘should’ve’ done something. You can only do something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!" – Steve Maraboli, Behavioral Scientist
- "Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions." – Albert Einstein, Theoretical Physicist
- "If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? NOT MUCH." – Jim Rohn, American Entrepreneur and Motivational Speaker
It’s Friday, which means it’s the end of the work week. As you move into your weekend, remember not to let your fears hold you back—in your career or your life! These quotes will urge you to leave your worries at the door and walk confidently toward the future.
- "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." – E.E. Cummings, American Poet
- "I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work." – Thomas A. Edison, American Inventor
- "Make Friday a day to celebrate work well done and be proud of knowing that you just didn’t put in time to the next pay check." – Byron Pulsifer, Author
- "If you don’t know where you’re aiming, you don’t have a goal. My goal is to live my life in such a way that when I die, someone can say, she cared." – Mary Kay, American Businesswoman
And there you have it! You’ve finished another successful work week. Celebrate your accomplishments and be sure to recognize your coworkers for the great work they’ve been doing. As the word week winds down, don’t forget to make a list of things you’ll need to do next week. Preparing early can help you relax and enjoy your weekend to the fullest.
Want to share your motivation with others? Download our Handbook for Happy Employees to learn how to boost employee engagement in your organization today!