For entrepreneurs, building and maintaining business relationships is an essential part of their business success. Networking is a very powerful tool. Communication and strong presence in the entrepreneurial world are productive approaches that will help you along your way to building strong relationships with other entrepreneurs from different age groups, nationalities and fields of interest.
Business networking events are organized around the world to bring together groups of talented businessmen and women for the purpose of communicating, sharing ideas and meeting with potential investors or new business partners.
Are you attending the 2016 WBENC National Conference and Business Fair? We are!
Levy Recognition, along with our owner Michele Adams, is excited to be part of the 2016 Host Committee for the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) National Conference and Business Fair. This event will attract business women from different backgrounds and levels of experience; each one seeking inspiration, connection, mentorship and new business opportunities.
As a WBENC-certified company, Levy understands the power of networking during the WBENC National Conference and Business Fair. Not only will entrepreneurs feel inspired and motivated during the event, they may also benefit from meeting and speaking with the hundreds of other like-minded business owners in attendance.
Women’s business enterprises and representatives from organizations whose missions align with WBENC’s vision of expanding women’s business opportunities in the market place will converge in Orlando, FL for three days of robust programming, including: lectures and presentations from today’s thought leaders, engaging panel discussions, 1:1 MatchMaker sessions, networking receptions, and a business fair featuring over 300 exhibitors.
This major networking event is an excellent opportunity for business owners (female and male), buyers and procurement representatives, supplier diversity professionals and government organizations to connect and share ideas. Who knows, you may even meet your next business partner or find a solution to your business needs!
Make the most of any networking opportunity (including the WBENC National Conference and Business Fair) with these networking tips:
- Create a plan with specific goals. Know when, where and why you are going to an event, what your goals are and what do you want to achieve with your attendance to this particular meet up.
- Be yourself, but professional. Present yourself in a way that represents your company in the way you want others to view it. Use a sturdy handshake and make eye contact with the people you meet and speak to. You need to be active, memorable, provide value to the others with your presence and to make them want to stay in touch with you.
- Exchange business cards with your new connections. Have a file folder or envelop to safely store any business cards you acquire during the event. You’ll be meeting a lot of new faces and discussing several ideas during the event. If there is room, make notes about your conversations on each business card you receive once your conversation has ended.
- Make an impression. If you are a sponsor or exhibitor at an event, you will want your exhibitor booth to stand out! Branded marketing and promotional materials create memorable imaging so potential customers and business partners will have a lasting impression of your company. You may also want to provide promotional items with your company’s logo and other business information printed on it to booth visitors. Promotional items are a great way to stay connected with potential customers and other business relationships long after the networking event. (Need help designing your promotional items? See what Levy can do for you!)
- Remember to follow up. Once you meet the people you wanted to establish relationship with keep this connection going after the event. Stay in touch and manage to continue the actual communication which will be foundation for your strong relationship and network.
Do not underestimate the power of networking. Make it part of your business goals to attend networking events and meet ups in your area and across the country. Networking at business events both large and small has great advantage and you never know where the next big chance or inspiration will come from!
Create a lasting impression during your next networking event, let Levy Recognition help you create a consistent brand image across every facet of your company. We’ll work with you to design marketing and promotional materials that will help make your brand memorable.
Interested in networking the 2016 WBENC National Conference and Business Fair? Visit the WBENC website for information and to register.
This is part of our Networking Series. Our other tips include:
# 1 Plan Your Networking Strategy
#2 Making a Positive First Impression
#3 Business Card Etiquette
#4 Tricks to the Tradeshow Booth
#5 Following Up After Your Networking Event